- FunTECH-3D Group Leader Award (PI). Topic: Flexible electronics with carbon materials.
- Pilot grant on BMBF–DBT Cooperative Science Program (Co-PI). Topic: Bioprocessing of waste for energy and carbon (BioPEC).
- Neutron Beam for 15 days at ILL, Grenoble, France (PI). Topic: Small Angle Neutron Scattering on various carbon materials.
- Best oral presentation award. Carbon Materials and Technology Conference, Stockholm, May 2018.
- DAAD Kongress und Vortragsreiseprogramm (DAAD Fellowship for Guest Lecture), May 2014.
- Young Scientist Lecture Award, NANOSMAT, Granada, Spain, September 2013.
- Teaching Assistant Excellence Award, Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, University of California, Irvine, CA, USA. For academic year 2012-13.
- Best Poster Award, NanoBioTech Montreux, Switzerland, November 2010.